Sunset Beach - January 2010

Sunset Beach - January 2010
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Star Wars at Disneyland

Ok. So who doesn't know how much my family likes Star Wars? For me it started when I was a kid, I even had the lunchbox and I am pretty sure I wanted to be Princess Leia when I grew up. Anthony's OBSESSION with Star Wars was way worse than mine, actually I can't even describe it. The throne room music was the recessional music at our wedding and my brother (the ring bearer) even put on a Darth Vader costumer to walk back out. Needless to say it has been a common theme in our family for a very longtime. So it was a must that we do the Star Tours ride and visit the Star Trader store while at Disneyland. The ironic things is that we saw Star Wars characters at Disneyland and even got their autographs but we never saw Mickey Mouse. After a long wait at the Autotopia ride we were heading over to toon town to go to a Princess Fair for Kierstin when we saw this long line around the stage where they hold the Jedi Training Academy. I thought it was the line for the next show and thought that we had better get in line. I got in line and asked Anthony to go check it out. While he was seeing what was going on several people got in line with new purchased autograph books and started opening them. When Anthony returned to the line he informed me that the line was an autograph line for Darth Vader, the Jedi, and Darth Maul. Noah was beside himself! He didn't have an autograph book and what was he going to do. At this point a Disney employee came and closed the line to anymore people. Noah was clearly distressed now and was starting to worry. Luckily for him mom came to the rescue with a Sharpie. I told him to just have them sign his Star Wars Lego shirt. He was taken back, let them write on my clothes! That is a HUGE no-no mom! I insisted that it was ok, but he made me promise to promptly buy him a new shirt as soon as we were done. It was a done deal! See for yourself, but I think it worked out nicely. And all the boys got matching Star Wars shirts.

No comments: